Welcome to Wheeling, Home of the Explorers!
Here are some important upcoming dates:
Have you ever considered being a part of the PTO (Parent Teacher Organizaton)? Why should parents get involved? Being involved can make a big difference in your child's life. Research shows that when parents are involved in their children's school, the children are more likely to:
- Earn better grades
- Score higher on tests
- Pass their classes
- Attend school regularly
- Have better social skills
- Show improved behavior
- Be more positive in their attitude toward school
- Complete homework assignments
- Graduate and continue their education
The PTO plans fun events and raises money for the school, but we can't do that without your help. You don't need any experience to be part of the PTO. Any parent can join. Just come to a meeting. Below you will find the dates for this school year's PTO meetings. We meet in the library from 3:30-4:30 pm. Hope to see you there!
WPTO Meeting Dates
- Sept. 6, 2016
- Oct. 4, 2016
- Nov. 1, 2016
- Dec. 6, 2016
- Jan. 10, 2017
- Feb. 7, 2017
- March 7, 2017
- April 4, 2017
- May 2, 2017
Thank you for your continued support!
A few reminders:
- School starts at 7:45am. Students should arrive no earlier than 7:30am when supervision begins.
- Students go directly to classrooms when they arrive - there is no before school recess
- Breakfast in the classroom is served to all students for free between 7:45-8:00am
Mission: Wheeling accelerates learning for every student every day to ensure their success in the IB Diploma Program and through college.
Vision: To be the community's first choice to guide and nurture the academic and social growth of our children.